The BG850 is a thoroughbred Offshore 8.5m/28ft RIB.
The BG850 is based on a proven Military design, which is in use by several Special Forces units around the world. This makes it one of the most robust adventure boats on the market.
The BG850 has high placed tubes, which minimizes any shock, and enables the craft’s incredible sea-keeping abilities. This also overcomes the risk for any passengers ever being able to fall overboard. Bear likens it to feeling really like you are ‘in a RIB’ instead of riding ‘on a RIB’.
It also comes, as standard, with two Shockwave suspension seats, which significantly reduce impact during high-speed maneuvers.
The whole boat is certified by DNV and ABS ratings.
The following items are standard:
● Aluminum thick-grade certified hull and structure
● Solid closed cell foam tubes with robust rubber protection, anti-slide patches, handgrips on the inside and lifelines on the outside.
● Innovative Anti-slip rubber flooring
● Solid closed cell foam cushions that are totally waterproof
● High capacity, Fire Proof fuel tanks with redundant fuel system
● Robust engine guard with anti-slide steps
● Rescue Grab-bag
● Bear Grylls complete Survival pack and emergency knife – integrated into the console
● Redundancy bilge system
● 12V Redundancy and professional electricity system
● Tow-eye for waterskiing or recovery-operations
● HELLA LED pro Navigation lights
● Transom and bow LED lights
● Deck strip LED lights
● IP67 Watertight console and switch panels
The BG850’s robust aluminum hull, ‘push-nose’ bow (to protect the tubes from wave or collision impact), explosion-free fuel tanks, robust engine guard and solid foam tubes, prove the RIB as a true offshore, high-speed craft built for the extremes.
The BG850 is ideally placed as a long range offshore boat, as well applications such as: commercial, tourism, whale-watching, offshore fishing, hunting, patrol, rescue, boarding vessel, transport, or of course just as the ‘ultimate adventure family’ RIB.
The BG850 has large, 100% watertight storage spaces under the aft bench, in the center locker, under the fore deck and in the bow seat.
The foldable cleats and the PU coated grab rails are stylishly and ergonomically designed, giving the sleek, well proportioned ‘feel’ to the RIB.
Twin outboard engines installations are suitable, with a capacity of up to 300HP each. These provide strength, speed and durability to the craft.
The BG850 is available in Grey/Orange or in White/Grey. Custom colors are also available on request.
The extra options are:
● Wrap around console with GRP roof which can be closed with canvas and with red/white LED lights
● Small A/C unit for closed console
● Small Heater unit for closed console
● Small generator
● Varying seating arrangement with Shockwave suspension seats
● A large storage box with seating on top for 3 passengers
● A comfortable sunbed which can be changed in a U shaped sofa including table and storage space underneath
● An inflatable bow tent-system over the sunbed allowing you to camp overnight in all conditions
● Shore power, convertor and charger
● LED Searchlight
● Communication package
● Peltor Intercom system
● Marine Radio with IPOD connection and waterproof speakers
● Navigation package (including Plotter/Echo/GPS and Radar)
● Radar Frame
● Extra long range fuel bladders
● Cool box
● Fish Cool Box
● Fishing rod holders
● Gun rack
● Dive bottle holders
● BG/Coreban Paddle Board
● Roll-up wide Rubber Dive ladder
● Foldable dive ladder
● Manual Anchor
● Secure, watertight Boat cover
● Storage Cradle
● Lifting Sling
● Robust Off-road trailer
● Extended Warranty
● Leasing program
|Certification||ABYC, EC-A Ocean, DNV for fast Craft.|
|Length overall (m/ft)||8.5 m / 28 ft|
|Beam overall (m)||3.0 m / 9.8 ft|
|Design draift (m)||0.55 m / 1.80 ft|
|Max. person (pers)||10|
|Min. crew (pers)||1|
|Total mass of boat (t)||2.9 t|
|Standard engine(s) (HP)||2 x 225HP|
|Max. Power||2 x 300HP|
|Max. speed (kn)||+ 50|
|Range (nm @ max speed)||350 nm|
|Fuel tank(s) capacity (L)||2 x 350L|
|Cargo capacity (kg)|